- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: RNAse H2A antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human RNAse H2A.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 190 - 240 of RNAse H2A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: RNAse H2A antibody can be used for detection of RNAse H2A by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 4 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 33 kDa
Observed: 33 kDa
- PURIFICATION: RNAse H2A Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: RNAse H2A Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RNAse H2A antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RNASEH2A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RNAse H2A Antibody: AGS4, JUNB, RNHL, RNHIA, RNASEHI, Ribonuclease H2 subunit A, Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome 4 protein, RNase H2 subunit A
- Protein Accession Number: O75792
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 20981704
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10535
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- RNAse H2A Antibody: Ribonucleases (RNAses) H are enzymes that hydrolyze the RNA strands of RNA/DNA hybrids. The major role of these enzymes is to remove the RNA strand from the RNA/DNA hybrids that form during DNA replication and repair. RNAse H2 is made up of three subunits; all three are required for RNAse activity. Recent evidence has demonstrated that mutations in RNAse H2A or any of the other subunits result in Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome (AGS), a neurological disorder with similar symptoms to viral brain infections including high levels of IFN-alpha in the cerebral spinal fluid. Similar conditions are observed with mutations in TREX1, a single-stranded DNA exonuclease, suggesting that RNAse H2 and TREX1 may have similar roles, and that mutations in any of these genes lead to an accumulation of intracellular nucleic acids, triggering an inflammatory response through activation of the innate immune system.
- 1: Stein H and Hausen P. Enzyme from calf thymus degrading the RNA moiety of DNA-RNA hybrids: effect on DNA-dependent RNA polymerase. Science 1969; 166:393-5.
- 2: Cerritelli SM and Crouch RJ. Ribonuclease H: the enzymes in eukaryotes. FEBS J. 2009; 276:1494-505.
- 3: Jeong HS, Backlund PS, Chen HC, et al. RNase H2 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a complex of three proteins. Nuc. Acids Res. 2004; 32:407-14.
- 4: Crow YJ, Leitch A, Hayward BE, et al. Mutations in genes encoding ribonuclease H2 subunits cause Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome and mimic congenital viral brain infection. Nat. Genet. 2006; 38:910-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4979
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin