- SPECIES: E. coli
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met1-Gly176
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 20.8 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 50mM Tris, 500mM NaCl, 10% glycerol, pH8.0. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: rppH
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RNA pyrophosphohydrolase, (Di)nucleoside polyphosphate hydrolase, Ap5A pyrophosphatase, rppH
- Protein Accession Number: P0A776
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 947300
- Messenger RNA (mRNA) degradation plays a key role in the control of gene expression in all organisms by limiting the number of times that each mRNA molecule can be used as a template for protein synthesis. RNA pyrophosphohydrolase, also called RppH, is a master regulator of 5'-dependent mRNA decay. It accelerates the degradation of transcripts by removing pyrophosphate from the 5'-end of triphosphorylated RNA, leading to a more labile monophosphorylated state that can stimulate subsequent ribonuclease cleavage. RppH preferentially hydrolyzes diadenosine penta-phosphate with ATP as one of the reaction products, and can be able to hydrolyze diadenosine hexa- and tetra-phosphate. However, this protein has no activity on diadenosine tri-phosphate, ADP-ribose, NADH and UDP-glucose. In the meningitis causing strain E. coli K1, it has been shown to play a role in HBMEC (human brain microvascular endothelial cells) invasion in vitro.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-618
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $455.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.