- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (89%), Rat: (84%)
- IMMUNOGEN: RLN3 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the center of human RLN3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 80 - 130 of RLN3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: RLN3 antibody can be used for detection of RLN3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: RLN3 antibody is human specific. RLN3 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the Relaxin protein family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 16 kDa
Observed: 16 kDa
- PURIFICATION: RLN3 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: RLN3 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RLN3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RLN3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Relaxin-3, RXN3, H3, ZINS4, INSL7
- Protein Accession Number: NP_543140
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 18254464
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 117579
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Relaxin-3 (RLN3) is a member of Relaxin family, a group of endocrine and autocrine/paracrine hormones that belong to the insulin gene superfamily (1,2). RLN3 can bind to and activate three relaxin-family peptide receptors: RXFP1, RXFP3, and RXFP4 (3). In contrast to the widespread expression of the related proteins RLN1 and RLN2, RLN3 is predominantly expressed in brain and to a lesser extent in the thymus, kidney and spleen (1). RLN3 has been suggested to play a role in feeding, metabolism, stress, arousal, learning, and memory (4).
- 1: Bathgate RA, Samuel CS, Burazin TC, et al. Human relaxin gene 3 (H3) and the equivalent mouse relaxin (M3) gene. Novel members of the relaxin peptide family. J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 277:1148-57.
- 2: Wilkinson TN and Bathgate RA. The evolution of the relaxin peptide family and their receptors. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 2007; 612:1-13.
- 3: Silvertown JD, Neschadim A, Liu HN, et al. Relaxin-3 and receptors in the human and rhesus brain and reproductive tissues. Regul. Pept. 2010; 159:44-53.
- 4: Bathgate RAD, Halls ML, van der Westhuizen ET, et al. Relaxin family peptides and their receptors. Physiol. Rev. 2012; 93:405-80.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8181
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin