- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: RIG-1 antibody was raised against human GST-tagged RIG-1 protein.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: RIG-1 antibody can be used for the detection of RIG-1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunohistochemistry in human and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1285 - C2C12 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1301 - Human Heart Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-501 - Human Heart Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: RIG-1 Antibody is DEAE purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: RIG-1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RIG-1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DDX58
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RIG-1 Antibody: RIGI, RIG-I, RLR-1, Probable ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX58, DEAD box protein 58
- Protein Accession Number: O95786
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 81170421
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23586
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- RIG-1 Antibody: The innate immune system detects viral infection by recognizing various viral components and triggers antiviral responses. Like the toll-like receptor 3 (TLR3), the cytoplasmic helicase retinoic acid inducible gene protein 1 (RIG-1) recognizes double-stranded (ds) RNA, a molecular pattern associated with viral infection. Unlike TLR3 however, RIG-1 activates the kinases TBK1 and IKKε through the adaptor protein IPS-1. These kinases then phosphorylate the transcription factors IRF-3 and IRF-7 which are essential for the expression of type-I interferons. RIG-1 is required for the production of interferons in response to RNA viruses including paramyxoviruses, influenza virus, and Japanese encephalitis virus.
- 1: Akira S, Uematsu S, and Takeuchi O. Pathogen recognition and innate immunity. Cell 2006; 124:783-801.
- 2: Yoneyama M, Kikuchi M, Natsukawa T, et al. The RNA helicase RIG-I has an essential function in double-stranded RNA-induced innate antiviral responses. Nat. Immunol. 2004; 5:730-7.
- 3: Alexopoulou L, Holt AC, Medzhitov R, et al. Recognition of double-stranded RNA and activation of NF-kappaB by Toll-like receptor 3. Nature 2001; 413:732-8.
- 4: Sharma S, tenOever BR, Grandvaux N, et al. Triggering the interferon antiviral response through an IKK-related pathway. Science 2003; 300:1148-51.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3953
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.