- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: RICK antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human RICK.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of RICK.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: RICK antibody can be used for detection of RICK by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. An approximately 60 kDa band can be detected. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1212 - 3T3 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-004 - K-562 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 60 kDa
Observed: 58 kDa
- PURIFICATION: RICK Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: RICK Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RICK antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RIPK2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RICK Antibody: CCK, RICK, RIP2, CARD3, GIG30, CARDIAK, UNQ277/PRO314/PRO34092, CARD-containing interleukin-1 beta-converting enzyme-associated kinase, CARD-containing IL-1 beta ICE-kinase
- Protein Accession Number: O43353
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 20455217
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8767
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- RICK Antibody: Apoptosis is mediated by death domain (DD) and/or caspase recruitment domain (CARD) containing molecules and a caspase family of proteases. DD-containing serine/threonine kinase RIP regulates Fas-induced apoptosis. A novel CARD-containing serine/threonine kinase was recently identified and designated RICK/RIP2/CARDIAK for RIP-like interacting CLARP kinase, receptor interacting protein-2, and CARD-containing ICE associated kinase, respectively. RICK contains an N-terminal kinase catalytic domain and a C-terminal CARD domain. Overexpression of RICK induced apoptosis and activation of NF-κB and JNK. RICK interacts with members of the TRAF family, CLARP and caspase-1. Thus, RICK represents a novel kinase that regulates TNF and Fas induced-apoptosis and that is involved in the generation of proinflammatory cytokine IL-1β. The messenger RNA of RICK is expressed in multiple human tissues.
- 1: Inohara N, del Peso L, Koseki T, Chen S, Nunez G. RICK, a novel protein kinase containing a caspase recruitment domain, interacts with CLARP and regulates CD95-mediated apoptosis. J Biol Chem 1998;273:12296-300
- 2: McCarthy JV, Ni J, Dixit VM. RIP2 is a novel NF-κB-activating and cell death-inducing kinase. J Biol Chem 1998;273:16968-75
- 3: Thome M, Hofmann K, Burns K, Martinon F, Bodmer JL, Mattmann C, Tschopp J. Identification of CARDIAK, a RIP-like kinase that associates with caspase-1. Curr Biol 1998;8:885-8 (WD0300)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2183
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin