- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Monkey
- IMMUNOGEN: This RHO antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 310-339 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human RHO.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 39 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RHO
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Rhodopsin, Opsin-2, RHO, OPN2
- Protein Accession Number: P08100
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 129207
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6010
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Retinitis pigmentosa is an inherited progressive diseasewhich is a major cause of blindness in western communities. It canbe inherited as an autosomal dominant, autosomal recessive, orX-linked recessive disorder. In the autosomal dominant form,whichcomprises about 25% of total cases, approximately 30% of familieshave mutations in the gene encoding the rod photoreceptor-specificprotein rhodopsin. This is the transmembrane protein which, whenphotoexcited, initiates the visual transduction cascade. Defects inthis gene are also one of the causes of congenital stationary nightblindness.
- 1: Clark, G.R., et al. Ophthalmology 117(11):2169-2177(2010)
- 2: Li, S., et al. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 401(1):42-47(2010)
- 3: Pulagam, L.P., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 285(38):29446-29456(2010)
- 4: Audo, I., et al. Arch. Ophthalmol. 128(8):1036-1045(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 58-850
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.