- SPECIES: Human, Rhesus macaque
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met 113 - Leu 261
- FUSION TAG: Mouse IgG Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a mouse IgG2a Fc tag at the N-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 43.1 kDa. The protein migrates as 45-50 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 43.1 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM Tris, 100 mM Glycine, 150 mM NaCl, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD40LG
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD40LG,CD154,CD40L,HIGM1,IGM,IMD3,T-BAM,TNFSF5,TRAP,gp39
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000065.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 959
- CD40 ligand is also known as CD40L, CD154, TNFSF5 and T-cell antigen Gp39, is a single-pass type I I membrane protein which belongs to the TNF superfamily of molecules. CD40 ligand is expressed predominantly on activated CD4+ T lymphocytes, and also found in other types of cells, including platelets, mast cells, macrophages, basophils, NK cells, B lymphocytes, as well as non-haematopoietic cells (smooth muscle cells, endothelial cells, and epithelial cells). Although all monomeric, dimeric and trimeric forms of soluble CD40 ligand can bind to CD40, the trimeric form of soluble CD40 ligand has the most potent biological activity through oligomerization of cell surface CD40, a common feature of TNF receptor family members.CD40 ligand binds to CD40 on antigen-presenting cells (APC), which leads to many effects depending on the target cell type. In general, CD40 ligand plays the role of a costimulatory molecule and induces activation in APC in association with T cell receptor stimulation by MHC molecules on the APC. In total CD40 ligand has three binding partners: CD40, α5β1 integrin and αIIbβ3. CD40 ligand regulates B cell function by engaging CD40 on the B cell surface. A defect in this gene results in an inability to undergo immunoglobulin class switch and is associated with hyper IgM syndrome.
- 1: Schönbeck U, Libby P, 2001, Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 58 : 4–43.
- 2: Furman M.I. et al., 2004, J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 43: 2319-25.
- 3: Spriggs, M.K. et al., 1992, J. Exp. Med. 176:1543.
- 4: Fanslow, W.C. et al., 1994, Seminars in Immunology 6:267.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-500
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin