- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: RHAMM antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human RHAMM.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 80 - 130 of RHAMM.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: RHAMM antibody can be used for detection of RHAMM by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1475 - Rat Stomach Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-801 - Human Stomach Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: RHAMM Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: RHAMM Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RHAMM antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HMMR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RHAMM Antibody: CD168, IHABP, RHAMM, Hyaluronan mediated motility receptor, Intracellular hyaluronic acid-binding protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_036617
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 217272802
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3161
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- RHAMM Antibody: The hyaluronan-mediated motility receptor, also known as RHAMM, was initially identified as a soluble protein that could be released by sub-confluent migrating cells, promoting cell motility and invasion via interactions with hyaluronan (HA) and the cell surface. While RHAMM is normally poorly expressed in most normal tissues and is not required for embryonic development or normal cell homeostasis functions, its expression is increased during wound repair in response to hypoxia and fibrogenic factors. However, its overexpression is transforming in multiple types of cancers and is required for maintaining RAS transformation. RHAMM associates with BRCA1 and BARD1, attenuating the mitotic-spindle-promoting activity of RHAMM, which may contribute to tumor progression by promoting genomic instability.
- 1: Hardwick C, Hoare K, Owens R, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel hyaluronan receptor that promotes tumor cell motility. J. Cell Biol. 1992; 117:1343-50.
- 2: Samuel SK, Hurta RA, Spearman MA, et al. TGF-beta 1 stimulation of cell locomotion utilizes the hyaluronan receptor RHAMM and hyaluronan. J. Cell Biol. 1993; 123:749-58.
- 3: Hall CL, Yang B, Yang X, et al. Overexpression of the hyaluronan receptor RHAMM is transforming and is also required for H-ras transformation. Cell 1995; 82:19-26.
- 4: Maxwell CA, McCarthy J, and Turley E. Cell-surface and mitotic-spindle RHAMM: moonlighting or dual oncogenic functions? J. Cell Sci. 2008; 121:925-32.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6189
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin