- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: 1-211
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: RGS2 IgY antibody can be used for the detection of RGS2 by Western blot, may also work for IHC and ICC.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 24.4 kDa (calculated)
- PURIFICATION: Antigen affinity-purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-Buffered Saline. No preservatives added.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RGS2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for short term (weeks). Long term storage should be at -20°C. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RGS2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: G0S8, GIG31, Regulator of G-protein signaling 2, Cell growth-inhibiting gene 31 protein, RGS2, G0S8, RGS2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002914.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4506517
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5997
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Regulator of G-protein signalling 2, 24kDa; G0 to G1 switch regulatory 8, 24kD. RGS2 reduces cAMP production by odorant-stimulated olfactory epithelium membranes by inhibiting the activity of adenylyl cyclase type III, the predominant adenylyl cyclase isoform in olfactory neurons. Whole-cell voltage clamp recordings of odorant-stimulated olfactory neurons indicate that endogenous RGS2 negatively regulates odorant-evoked intracellular signaling.
- 1: Sinnarajah, S., Dessauer, C. W., Srikumar, D., Chen, J., Yuen, J., Yilma, S., Dennis, J. C., Morrison, E. E., Vodyanoy, V., Kehrl, J. H. RGS2 regulates signal transduction in olfactory neurons by attenuating activation of adenylyl cyclase III. Nature 409: 1051-1055, 2001.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XW-7531
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.