- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: RGPD5 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human RGPD5.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of RGPD5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: RGPD5 antibody can be used for detection of RGPD5 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1314 - Human Thymus Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-701 - Human Testis Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: RGPD5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: RGPD5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: RGPD5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RGPD5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RGPD5 Antibody: BS63, RGP5, BS-63, HEL161, RANBP2L1, RGP7, RGPD7, RGPD6, RANBP2L2, RGP6, Sperm membrane protein BS-63, RanBP2L1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_005045
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 83267877
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84220
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- RGPD5 Antibody: The RANBP2-like and GRIP domain containing 5 protein (RGPD5) has high similarity to RANBP2, a large RAN-binding protein localized at the cytoplasmic side of the nuclear pore complex. The gene coding for RGPD5 is thought to have arisen from a gene duplication event of RANBP2 as these highly homologous genes are located close to each other at chromosome 2q11-q12. RGPD5 was identified as an HIV dependency factor (HDF), suggesting that RGPD5 may be an important drug target in HIV treatment. At least two isoforms of RGPD5 are known to exist, of which the shorter isoform is expressed primarily in testis, while the longer of the two is expressed at low levels in a number of somatic tissues.
- 1: Nothwang HG, Rensing C, Kubler M, et al. Identification of a novel Ran binding protein 2 related gene (RANBP2L1) and detection of a gene cluster on chromosome 2q11-q12. Genomics1998; 47:383-92.
- 2: Brass AL, Dykxhoorn DM, Benita Y, et al. Identification of host proteins required for HIV infection through a functional genomic screen. Science2008; 319:921-6.
- 3: Wang LF, Zhu HD, Miao SY, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel testis-specific nucleoporin-related gene. Arch. Androl.1999; 42:71-84.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4585
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin