- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Dog, Goat, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Peptide corresponding to amino acids from N-terminal region of human retinoic acid receptor, b-isotype.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: The antibody has been directly tested for reactivity in Western blots in human tissues. It is anticipated that the antibody will also work with canine, guinea pig, mouse and rat tissues based on the fact that these species have 100% homology with the amino acid sequence used as antigen.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 48
- PURIFICATION: Protein G purified
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Retinoic Acid Receptor antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RARB
- Protein Accession Number: P10826
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 17380507
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5915
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Retinoic Acid (RA; active metabolite of vitamin A) plays a prominent role in regulating the transition of proliferating precursor cells (such as carcinoma cells and neuronal precursors) to postmitotic differentiated cells (Joshi et al., 2005). The Retinoid X receptors (RXRs) family (RXRalpha, beta and gamma) preferentially bind 9-cis-RA and regulate gene transcription by forming heterodimers with a second family of RA receptors (RARs). RAs have been suggested to potentially play a therapeutic role in cervical cancer (Abu et al., 2005). RAs are known to play key roles in neuronal development and an increasing body of evidence indicates that retinoid signaling may regulate synaptic plasticity and associated learning and memory behaviors (Lane and Bailey, 2005).
- 1: Abu J, Batuwangala M, Herbert K, Symonds P (2005) Retinoic acid and retinoid receptors: potential chemopreventive and therapeutic role in cervical cancer. Lancet Oncol 6:712-720.
- 2: Joshi S, Guleria R, Pan J, Dipette D, Singh US (2005) Retinoic acid receptors and tissue-trans-glutaminase mediate short-term effect of retinoic acid on migration and invasion of neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells. Oncogene advance online publication 12 September 2005; doi: 10.1038/sj.onc.1209027.
- 3: Lane MA, Bailey SJ (2005) Role of retinoid signalling in the adult brain. Prog Neurobiol 75:275-293.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-177
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin