- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: SSKTLCSMEE AINERIQEVA GSLIFRAISS IGLECQSVTS RGDLATCPRG FAVTGCTCGS ACGSWDVRAE TTCHCQCAGM DWTGARCCRV QP
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by its ability to stimulate lipolysis in cultured human adipocytes.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Resistin recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Resistin is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Resistin recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RETN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ADSF, RSTN, XCP1, FIZZ3, RETN1, HXCP1, UNQ407/PRO1199, Resistin, Adipose tissue-specific secretory factor, ADSF
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001180303.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 301129180
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 56729
- Resistin belongs to a family of tissue-specific cytokines termed FIZZ (found in inflammatory zones) and RELM. The three known members of this family; Resistin, RELM-α and RELM-β share a highly conserved C-terminal domain, characterized by 10 cysteine residues with a unique spacing motif of C-X11-C-X8-C-X-C-X3-C-X10-C-X-C-X-C-X9-C-C. Resistin is an adipose-derived cytokine (adipokine) whose physiological function and molecular targets are largely unknown. Studies have shown that Resistin suppresses insulin's ability to stimulate glucose uptake, and postulated that Resistin might be an important link between obesity and Type 2 diabetes. Other studies have indicated that Resistin expression is severely suppressed in obesity and that it may act as a feedback regulator of Adipogenesis. Recombinant human Resistin is a 19.5 kDa disulfide-linked homodimeric protein composed of two identical 92 amino acid chains linked by a single disulfide bond.
- 1: Ort, T. et al. Endocrinology; 46(5):2200 - 9
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-325
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.025 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.