- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Resistin antibody is produced in BALB/c mice using highly pure (>98%) recombinant human Resistin as the immunizing antigen.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA:
In a sandwich ELISA (assuming 100 μL/well), a concentration of 4.0-8.0 μg/mL of this antibody will detect at least 200 pg/mL of recombinant human Resistin when used with our biotinylated antigen affinity purified anti-human Resistin as the detection antibody at a concentration of at least 0.5-1.0 μg/mL.
To detect hResistin by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.20-0.40 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hResistin is 0.20-0.40 ng/lane, under non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: This IgG2bK antibody was purified from ascites fluid by Protein A affinity chromatography.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Resistin lyophilized antibody is stable at room temperature for at least one month and for greater than a year when kept at -20°C. Reconstitute in sterile water to a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/mL. The antibody is stable for at least six weeks at 2-4°C when reconstituted.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RETN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Adipocyte Secreted Factor, ADSF, FIZZ3, HXCP1, RSTN, UNQ407/PRO1199, Resistin, Adipose tissue-specific secretory factor, XCP1, RETN1
- Protein Accession Number: Q9HD89
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 18202962
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 56729
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Resistin is a cytokine that is specifically secreted by adipocytes and seems to suppress the ability of insulin to stimulate glucose uptake into adipose cells. While the function of resistin is not well understood, it appears to have key paracrine roles and has a suggested role in type 2 diabetes.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 38-240
- Size: 0.5 mg
- List Price: $335.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.