- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: REEP4 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human REEP4.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 160 - 210 of REEP4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: REEP4 antibody can be used for detection of REEP4 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1302 - Human Lung Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: REEP4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: REEP4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: REEP4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: REEP4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: REEP4 Antibody: PP432, C8orf20, PP432, Receptor expression-enhancing protein 4
- Protein Accession Number: EAW63714
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 119584118
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 80346
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- REEP4 Antibody: Mammalian odorant receptors require accessory proteins such as RTP1 and RTP2 for functional cell surface expression. Receptor expression-enhancing protein (REEP) family members are transmembrane proteins which interact with odorant receptor proteins and may enhance the odorant receptor responses to odorants. Recently studies have shown other chemosensory receptors such as bitter taste receptors are also influenced by RTP and REEP family members. In studies in Xenopus RNAi to reduce REEP4 levels, embryos showed a slightly kinked body axis and were paralyzed. Further analysis revealed downregulated levels of several neural and muscle markers, suggesting the REEP4 may play a role in the maintenance of both the nervous system and musculature.
- 1: Saito H, Kubota M, Roberts RW, et al. RTP family members induce functional expression of mammalian odorant receptors. Cell2004; 119:679-91.
- 2: Behrens M, Bartelt J, Reichling et al. Members of RTP and REEP gene families influence functional bitter taste receptor expression. J. Biol. Chem.2006; 281:20650-9.
- 3: Argasinska J, Rana AA, Gilchrist MJ, et al. Loss of REEP4 causes paralysis of the Xenopus embryo. Int. J. Dev. Biol.2009; 52:37-43.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5575
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin