- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: An N-terminal peptide (within AA 1-24) from the Synacthen/ACTH region of human POMC was used as the immunogen for this recombinant ACTH antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT
The optimal dilution of the recombinant ACTH antibody for each application should be determined by the researcher.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Recombinant Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: POMC
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: POMC, proopiomelanocortin, Precursor of MSH, POC, ACTH, CLIP, adrenocorticotropin/ beta-lipotropin/ alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone/ beta-melanocyte stimulating hormone/ beta-endorphin, LPH, MSH, NPP
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5443
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- ACTH (same as Corticotropin) is a 39 amino acid active peptide produced by the anterior pituitary. This mAb is specific to Synacthen (aa1-24 of ACTH); does not react with CLIP (aa17-39 of ACTH). POMC (pro-opiomelanocortin or corticotropin-lipotropin) is a 267 amino acid polypeptide hormone precursor that goes through extensive, tissue-specific posttranslational processing by convertases. POMC is cleaved into ten hormone chains named NPP, ACTH, alpha-MSH (Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone), beta-MSH, gamma-MSH, CLIP (corticotropin-like intermediary peptide), Lipotropin-beta, Lipotropin-gamma, beta-endorphin and Met-enkephalin. ACTH is also produced by cells of immune system (T-cells, B-cells, and macrophages) in response to stimuli associated with stress. Anti-ACTH is a useful marker in classification of pituitary tumors and the study of pituitary disease. It reacts with ACTH-producing cells (corticotrophs). It also may react with other tumors (e.g. some small cell carcinomas of the lung) causing paraneoplastic syndromes by secreting ACTH.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-810
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805