- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: An amino acid sequence common to acidic/type I keratins was used as the immunogen for the Acidic Cytokeratin antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (2)
Titering of the Acidic Cytokeratin antibody may be required for optimal performance.
1. This antibody will detect cytokeratins -10, -14, -15, -16, -19.
2. FFPE testing is enhanced by boiling sections in pH6 10mM citrate buffer for 10-20 minutes, followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes, prior to staining.
- PURIFICATION: Protein A affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Recombinant Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG, k
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: K77
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9606
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- There are two types of cytokeratins/keratins/CKs: the acidic type I cytokeratins and the basic or neutral type II cytokeratins. The subsets of cytokeratins which an epithelial cell expresses depends mainly on the type of epithelium, the moment in the course of terminal differentiation and the stage of development. Thus this specific keratin fingerprint allows the classification of all epithelia upon their keratin expression profile. Furthermore this applies also to the malignant counterparts of the epithelia (carcinomas), as the keratin profile tends to remain constant when an epithelium undergoes malignant transformation. The main clinical implication is that the study of the keratin profile by immunohistochemistry techniques is a tool of immense value widely used for tumor diagnosis and characterization in surgical pathology. [Wiki]
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 34-021
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805