- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 24-318 of human RDH5 (NP_002896.2).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
IHC: 1:50 - 1:100
IF: 1:50 - 1:100
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: A-549
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: BT-474
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Mouse liver
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Mouse kidney
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Rat liver
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 38kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RDH5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RDH5, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 9C, SDR9C5, retinol dehydrogenase 5 (11-cis/9-cis), retinol dehydrogenase 5 (11-cis and 9-cis), retinol dehydrogenase 1, RDH1, HSD17B9, FLJ97089, FLJ39337, 9-cis-retinol specific dehydrogenase, 11-cis RDH
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5959
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes an enzyme belonging to the short-chain dehydrogenases/reductases (SDR) family. This retinol dehydrogenase functions to catalyze the final step in the biosynthesis of 11-cis retinaldehyde, which is the universal chromophore of visual pigments. Mutations in this gene cause autosomal recessive fundus albipunctatus, a rare form of night blindness that is characterized by a delay in the regeneration of cone and rod photopigments. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. Read-through transcription also exists between this gene and the neighboring upstream BLOC1S1 (biogenesis of lysosomal organelles complex-1, subunit 1) gene.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 23-369
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.