- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: aa 2 - 197
- FUSION TAG: Fusion Partner: C-terminal His-tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB and ELISA. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 26 kDa (Calculated)
- PURITY: ~95%
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 100mM sodium phosphate, 10mM Tris, 500mM NaCl, 25 mM imidazole, 2mM MgCl2, 10% gycerol
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Rcan2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RCAN2 Antibody: Csp2, MCIP2, ZAKI-4, Dscr1l1, Zaki4, Calcipressin-2, Calcineurin inhibitory protein ZAKI-4
- Protein Accession Number: AAH62141
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 38328420
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 53901
- Regulator of calcineurin 2 (RCAN2), also known as ZAKI4 and DSCR1L1, is expressed as two isoforms differing at their N-terminus. The longer of the two (isoform 1) is expressed exclusively in the brain, while isoform 2 is ubiquitously expressed, with highest expression in brain, heart, and muscle (1,2). Both isoforms bind to the catalytic subunit of calcineurin, a Ca++-dependent protein phosphatase involved in several neuronal functions, though their C-terminal region and inhibit calcineurin’s activity (3). Unlike isoform 1 of RCAN2, the expression of the second isoform is not induced by the thyroid hormone T3 (3). RCAN2 is a member of a family of three endogenous calcineurin regulators that are located near the minimal supernumerary fragment of chromosome 21 in individuals with Down syndrome, suggesting that they play a role in this syndrome (4).
- 1: Miyazaki T, Kanou Y, Murata Y, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel thyroid hormone-responsive gene, ZAKI-4, in human skin fibroblasts. J. Biol. Chem. 1996; 271:14567-71.
- 2: Rothermal B, Vega RB, Yang J, et al. A protein encoded within the Down syndrome critical region is enriched in striated muscles and inhibits calcineurin signaling. J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275:8719-25.
- 3: Cao X, Kambe F, Miyazaki Y, et al. Novel human ZAKI-4 isoforms: hormonal and tissue-specific regulation and function as calcineurin inhibitors. Biochem. J. 2002; 367:459-66.
- 4: Fuentes JJ, Genesca L, Kingsbury TJ, et al. DSCR1, overexpressed in Down syndrome, is an inhibitor of calcineurin-mediated signaling pathways. Hum. Mol. Genet. 2000; 9:1681-90.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-114
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805