- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant rat RBP4.
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA: (direct and indirect: 1:2,000-1:5,000). Western Blot: (1:2,000-1:5,000 using ECL; suggested blocking and dilution buffer is PBST containing 0.05% Tween 20 and 5% skim milk; suggested incubation time is 1 hour at room temperature). Optimal conditions must be determined individually for each application.
- SPECIFICITY: Recognizes rat RBP4. Detects a band of ~22-25kDa by Western blot.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Liquid. 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS, pH 7.4. Contains no preservatives.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Rbp4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Retinol Binding Protein 4
- Protein Accession Number: 132407
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: P04916
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25703
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4; RBP) is a 21kDa secreted protein, a member of the lipocalin family and is known as the primary transporter of retinol (vitamin A) to tissues. A recent report revealed RBP4 as an adipokine linking glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4) suppression in adipose tissue to insulin. Elevated human and mouse serum RBP4 levels are associated with insulin resistance and its severity, obesity, and certain components of metabolic syndrome. Furthermore, human serum RBP4 levels are closely related to renal function.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 36-240
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.