- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Goat, Human, Monkey, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Retinol binding protein purified from human plasma was used as the immunogen for this RBP antibody. Its epitope localizes between amino acids 74-182.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: IHC (FFPE): 1-2 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
IF: 1-2 ug/ml
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate Buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RBP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RBP1, CRABP-I, CRBP, CRBP1, RBPC, CRBPI
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5947
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Retinol binding protein a single-chain glycoprotein belonging to the superfamily of hydrophobic molecule transporter proteins, which is responsible for transport of retinol (vitamin A1) from the liver to peripheral target tissues, like the eye, where it mediates the cellular uptake. RBP1 is synthesized by hepatic parenchymal cells where it becomes bound to its ligand retinol and is then released into the circulation, where it binds further to the protein transthyretin, to form a transporting complex, which is big enough not to be lost by filtration through the kidney glomeruli. It is detected in nearly all tissues with higher expression in adult ovary, pancreas, pituitary gland, adrenal gland, and fetal liver.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-198
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin