- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This RASA1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 966-993 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human RASA1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 116 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: RASA1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Ras GTPase-activating protein 1, GAP, GTPase-activating protein, RasGAP, Ras p21 protein activator, p120GAP, RASA1, GAP, RASA
- Protein Accession Number: P20936
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 121743
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5921
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The protein encoded by this gene is located in thecytoplasm and is part of the GAP1 family of GTPase-activatingproteins. The gene product stimulates the GTPase activity of normalRAS p21 but not its oncogenic counterpart. Acting as a suppressorof RAS function, the protein enhances the weak intrinsic GTPaseactivity of RAS proteins resulting in the inactive GDP-bound formof RAS, thereby allowing control of cellular proliferation anddifferentiation. Mutations leading to changes in the binding sitesof either protein are associated with basal cell carcinomas.Alternative splicing results in two isoforms where the shorterisoform, lacking the N-terminal hydrophobic region but retainingthe same activity, appears to be abundantly expressed in placentalbut not adult tissues.
- 1: Hemerly, J.P., et al. Eur. J. Endocrinol. 163(5):747-755(2010)
- 2: Wiemels, J.L., et al. Blood Cells Mol. Dis. 45(3):186-191(2010)
- 3: Bachas, C., et al. Blood 116(15):2752-2758(2010)
- 4: Oinuma, I., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 285(36):28200-28209(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-754
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.