- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Human: (87%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Raptor (CT) polyclonal antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of mouse Raptor.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 1140 - 1190 of Raptor.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Raptor antibody can be used for the detection of Raptor by Western blot at 2 and 4 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Raptor has multiple isoforms that may also be recognized by antibody.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1284 - L1210 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-204 - L1210 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: Raptor Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Raptor Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Raptor antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Rptor
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Raptor Antibody: Rap, Raptor, mKIAA1303, 4932417H02Rik, Regulatory-associated protein of mTOR
- Protein Accession Number: Q8K4Q0
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 46577497
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 74370
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Raptor Antibody: The mammalian Target of Rapamycin (TOR, also known as mTOR) is an evolutionarily conserved serine/threonine kinase that regulates cell growth and cell cycle through its ability to integrate signals from nutrient levels and growth factors. Rapamycin inhibits TOR activity resulting in reduced cell growth and reduced rates of cell cycle and cell proliferation. Raptor (regulatory associated protein of TOR) is a TOR-binding protein essential for TOR signaling in vivo. It acts as a TOR scaffold protein whose binding by TOR substrates is necessary for effective TOR-catalyzed phosphorylation. These substrates include the ribosomal protein S6 kinase (RP S6K) and the eukaryotic initiation factor 4E binding protein 4EBP1, proteins necessary for cell growth and proliferation and responsive to nutrient and mitogen levels. Raptor binds these proteins through a common 5 amino acid TOR-signaling (TOS) motif; mutation of this motif prevents the TOR-dependent phosphorylation of these proteins.
- 1: Shamji AF, Ngheim P, and Schreiber SL. Integration of growth factor and nutrient signaling: implications for cancer biology. Mol. Cell 2003; 12:271-80.
- 2: Fingar DC and Blenis J. Target of rapamycin (TOR): an integrator of nutrient and growth factor signals and coordinator of cell growth and cell cycle progression. Oncogene 2004; 23:3151-71.
- 3: Yonezawa K, Tokunaga C, Oshiro N, et al. Raptor, a binding partner of target of rapamycin. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2004; 313:437-441.
- 4: Hara K, Yonezawa K, Weng QP, et al. Amino acid sufficiency and mTOR regulate p70 S6 kinase and eIF-4E BP1 through a common effector mechanism. J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273:14484-94.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3489
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin