- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This Pyruvate Kinase (PKM2) antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 476-505 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human Pyruvate Kinase (PKM2).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 58 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PKM
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Pyruvate kinase PKM, Cytosolic thyroid hormone-binding protein, CTHBP, Opa-interacting protein 3, OIP-3, Pyruvate kinase 2/3, Pyruvate kinase muscle isozyme, Thyroid hormone-binding protein 1, THBP1, Tumor M2-PK, p58, PKM, OIP3, PK2, PK3, PKM2
- Protein Accession Number: P14618
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 20178296
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5315
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PKM2 is a pyruvate kinase that catalyzes the production of phosphoenolpyruvate from pyruvate and ATP. This protein has been shown to interact with thyroid hormone, and thus may mediate cellular metabolic effects induced by thyroid hormones. This protein has been found to bind Opa protein, a bacterial outer membrane protein involved in gonococcal adherence to and invasion of human cells, suggesting a role of this protein in bacterial pathogenesis.
- 1: Lehner, B., et al., Genome Res. 14(7):1315-1323 (2004).
- 2: Gevaert, K., et al., Nat. Biotechnol. 21(5):566-569 (2003).
- 3: Valentini, G., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 277(26):23807-23814 (2002).
- 4: Lowrie, D.J. Jr., et al., J. Struct. Biol. 132(2):83-94 (2000).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-705
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.