- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (78.6%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-PUMA antibody (3043) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the amino terminus of human PUMA isoform 1.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of PUMA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 2-3 μg/mL; IF: 10-20 μg/mL; IHC: 2.5-10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - 293 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1211 - HepG2 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-001 - Human Breast Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 21kD
Independent Antibody Validation (Figure 2) shows similar PUMA expression profile in both human and mouse cell lines detected by two independent anti-PUMA antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 3041 against C-terminus and 3043 against the N-terminus. PUMA proteins are detected in most of the cell lines with different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
KO Validation (Figure 7, 8) shows lack of PUMA expression in the thymocytes or neurons of PUMA knockout mice.
Animal Species Reactivity (Figure 10) shows PUMA expression in the rat retina detected with anti-PUMA antibodies (3043).
- ISOFORMS: Human PUMA has 4 isoforms, including isoform 1 (193aa, 21kD), isoform 2 (131aa, 14kD), isoform 3 (101aa, 10kD) and isofrom 4 (261aa, 27kD). This antibody detects human isoform 1, and is predicted to detect mouse and rat PUMA (193aa, 21kD for both of them).
- PURIFICATION: PUMA Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PUMA Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PUMA antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BBC3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PUMA Antibody: JFY1, PUMA, JFY-1, Bcl-2-binding component 3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055232
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 15193488
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 27113
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PUMA Antibody: Apoptosis is related to many diseases and development. The p53 tumor-suppressor protein induces apoptosis through transcriptional activation of several genes. A novel p53 inducible pro-apoptotic gene was identified recently and designated PUMA (for p53 upregulated modulator of apoptosis) and bbc3 (for Bcl-2 binding component 3) in human and mouse. PUMA/bbc3 is one of the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family members including Bax and Noxa, which are also transcriptional targets of p53 (1). The PUMA gene encodes two BH3 domain-containing proteins termed PUMA-alpha and PUMA-beta (2). PUMA proteins bind Bcl-2, localize to the mitochondria, and induce cytochrome c release and apoptosis in response to p53. PUMA may be a direct mediator of p53-induced apoptosis.
- 1: Nakano and Vousden. Mol Cell. 2001; 7(3)683-94
- 2: Han et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98(20):11318-23.
- 1: Michalak et al. In several cell types tumour suppressor p53 induces apoptosis largely via Puma but Noxa can contribute. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15(6):1019-29. PMID: 18259198
- 2: Ambacher et al. The JNK- and AKT/GSK3?- signaling pathways converge to regulate Puma induction and neuronal apoptosis induced by trophic factor deprivation. PLoS One. 2012;7(10): e46885. PMID: 23056511
- 3: Wade et al. BH3 activation blocks Hdmx suppression of apoptosis and cooperates with Nutlin to induce cell death. Cell Cycle. 2008;7(13):1973-82. PMID: 18604177
- 4: Wakabayashi et al. Prolonged expression of Puma in cholinergic amacrine cells during the development of rat retina. J Histochem Cytochem. 2012;60(10):777-88. PMID: 22736709
- 5: Charvet et al. Phosphorylation of Tip60 by GSK-3 determines the induction of PUMA and apoptosis by p53. Mol Cell. 2011;42(5):584-96. PMID: 21658600
- 6: Schubert et al. Requirement of GSK-3 for PUMA induction upon loss of pro-survival PI3K signaling. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9(5):470. PMID: 29686375
- 7: Jain et al. A phase I-II trial of fludarabine, bendamustine and rituximab (FBR) in previously treated patients with CLL. Oncotarget. 2017;8(13):22104-12. PMID: 27655665
- 8: Ikonomopoulou et al. Gomesin inhibits melanoma growth by manipulating key signaling cascades that control cell death and proliferation. Sci Rep. 2018 ;8(1):11519. PMID: 30068931
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3043
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.