- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 76 - 170 of human PUMA-alpha.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PUMA antibody can be used for detection of PUMA by Western blot at 2.5 to 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 95-102 - PUMA Recombinant Protein
- PURIFICATION: PUMA Monoclonal Antibody is Protein A purified.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PUMA Monoclonal Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PUMA monoclonal antibody can be stored at -20°C, stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BBC3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PUMA Antibody [10D4G7] : JFY1, PUMA, JFY-1
- Protein Accession Number: Q9BXH1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 56748610
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 27113
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PUMA Monoclonal Antibody: Apoptosis is related to many diseases and development. The p53 tumor-suppressor protein induces apoptosis through transcriptional activation of several genes. A novel p53 inducible pro-apoptotic gene was identified recently and designated PUMA (for p53 upregulated modulator of apoptosis) and bbc3 (for Bcl-2 binding component 3) in human and mouse. PUMA/bbc3 is one of the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family members including Bax and Noxa, which are also transcriptional targets of p53. The PUMA gene encodes two BH3 domain-containing proteins termed PUMAα and PUMAβ. PUMA proteins bind Bcl-2, localize to the mitochondria, and induce cytochrome c release and apoptosis in response to p53. PUMA may be a direct mediator of p53-induced apoptosis.
- 1: Nakano K, Vousden KH. PUMA, a novel proapoptotic gene, is induced by p53. Mol Cell. 2001; 7:683-94.
- 2: Yu J, Zhang L, Hwang PM, Kinzler KW, Vogelstein B. PUMA induces the rapid apoptosis of colorectal cancer cells. Mol Cell. 2001; 7:673-82.
- 3: Han J, Flemington C, Houghton AB, Gu Z, Zambetti GP, Lutz RJ, Zhu L, Chittenden T. Expression of bbc3, a pro-apoptotic BH3-only gene, is regulated by diverse cell death and survival signals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001; 98:11318-23.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-4529
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $459.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin