- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: PTCHD2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human PTCHD2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 210 - 260 of PTCHD2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: PTCHD2 antibody can be used for detection of PTCHD2 by immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of PTCHD2 are known to exist. This antibody is specific for PTCHD2 and will not recognize the other DISP family of proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 10-701 - Human Testis Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: PTCHD2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PTCHD2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PTCHD2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PTCHD2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PTCHD2 Antibody: DISP3, DISP3, KIAA1337, Patched domain-containing protein 2, Protein dispatched homolog 3
- Protein Accession Number: Q9P2K9
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 149274653
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57540
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PTCHD2 Antibody: PTCHD2, also known as DISP3, is the third of three known homologs of the D. melanogaster protein Dispatched. It is a multi-transmembrane protein containing two PTCH/DISP domains and is thought to be involved in the release of lipid-anchored secreted proteins. Like DISP1 and DISP2, DISP3 has been implicated in signaling pathways during embryogenesis, tissue regeneration, and carcinogenesis. It is highly expressed in Purkinje cells, hippocampal neurons, and retinal ganglion cells. Recently, it has been shown that PTCHD2 localizes within the endoplasmic reticulum and colocalizes with cholesterol, and given that its expression is regulated by thyroid hormone (T3), it has been suggested that DISP3 may be a link between thyroid hormone and cholesterol metabolism.
- 1: Katoh Y and Katoh M. Identification and characterization of DISP3 gene in silico. Int. J. Oncol. 2005; 26:551-6
- 2: Katoh Y and Katoh M. Hedgehog signaling pathway and gastric cancer. Can. Biol. & Ther. 2005; 4:1050-4
- 3: Zikova M, Corlett A, Bendova Z, et al. DISP3, a sterol-sensing domain-containing protein that links thyroid hormone action and cholesterol metabolism. Mol. Endocrin. 2009; 23:520-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4925
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin