- SPECIES: Others
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala 22 - Arg 788
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PURITY: >98% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 0.1 M NaH2PO4, pH8.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RPL, Protein L
- Protein L was isolated from the surface of bacterial species Peptostreptococcus magnus and was found to bind Ig(IgG,IgM,IgA,IgE and IgD) through L chain interaction, from which the name was suggested. Despite this wide-ranging binding capability with respect to Ig classes, Protein L is not a universal immunoglobilin-binding protein. Binding of Protein L to immunoglobulins is restricted to those containing kappa light chains (i.e., k chain of the VL domain). In humans and mice, kappa (k) light chains predominate. The remaining immunoglobulins have lambda (l) light chains. The recombinant protein contains four immunoglobulin (Ig) binding domains (Bdomains) of the native protein. Besides antibody, protein L is also suitable for binding of a wide range of antibody fragments such as Fabs, single-chain variable fragments (scFv), and domain antibodies (Dabs).
- 1: L Bjorck, 1988, The Journal of Immunology, Vol 140, Issue 4: 1194–119
- 2: Nilson, B.H., et. al., 1993, J. Immunol. Methods164, 33-40.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-656
- Size: 2 mg
- List Price: $270.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin