- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This Protein Kinase A regulatory subunit I beta antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 50-80 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human Protein Kinase A regulatory subunit I beta.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 43 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRKAR1B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: cAMP-dependent protein kinase type I-beta regulatory subunit, PRKAR1B
- Protein Accession Number: P31321
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 229463042
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5575
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The second messenger cyclic AMP (cAMP) mediates diverse cellularresponses to external signals such as proliferation, ion transport, regulationof metabolism and gene transcription by activation of the cAMP-dependentprotein kinase (cAPK or PKA). Activation of PKA occurs when cAMP binds tothe two regulatory subunits of the tetrameric PKA holoenzyme resulting inrelease of active catalytic subunits. Three catalytic (C) subunits have beenidentified, designated Cα, Cβ and Cγ, that each represent specific geneproducts. Cα and Cβ are closely related (93% amino acid sequence similari-ty), whereas Cγ displays 83% and 79% similarity to Cα and Cβ, respectively.Activation of transcription upon elevation of cAMP levels results fromtranslocation of PKA to the nucleus where it phosphorylates the transcrip-tion factor cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) on serine 133which in turn leads to TFIIB binding to TATA-box-binding protein TBP1, thuslinking phospho-CREB to the pol II transcription initiation complex.
- 1: Solberg, R., et al., Exp. Cell Res. 214(2):595-605 (1994).
- 2: Solberg, R., et al., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 176(1):166-172 (1991).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-621
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.