- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Prosapip1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human Prosapip1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 590 - 640 of Prosapip1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Prosapip1 antibody can be used for detection of Prosapip1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Prosapip1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Prosapip1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Prosapip1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ProSAPiP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Prosapip1 Antibody: PROSAPIP1, KIAA0552, PROSAPIP1, Leucine zipper putative tumor suppressor 3, ProSAP-interacting protein 1, ProSAPiP1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055546
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7662176
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9762
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Prosapip1 Antibody: Prosapip1 is a binding partner of the postsynaptic density (PSD) protein ProSAP2/Shank3, a major scaffolding protein in excitatory brain synapses. Prosapip1 is thought to bind ProSAP2/Shank3 through ProSAP2/Shank3's PDZ domain and link it in turn to the Spine-associated Rap-Gap (SPAR). Prosapip1 shares significant homology with another PSD protein, PSD-Zip70, with both coding for a Fez1 domain that can be found in a total of four related protein, forming a novel family of scaffolding molecules termed ‘Fezzins'. Recent studies show that Prosapip1 can be found in endocrine cells in which it is localized primarily in the hormone-storing compartment of these cells, suggesting that Prosapip1 may have other functions in non-neuronal cells.
- 1: Wendholt D, Spilker C, Schmitt A, et al. ProSAP-interacting protein 1 (ProSAPiP1), a novel protein of the postsynaptic density that links the spine-associated Rap-Gap (SPAR) to the scaffolding protein proSAP2/Shank3. J. Biol. Chem.2006; 281:13805-16.
- 2: Redecker P, Bockmann J, and Bockers TM. Secretory granules of hypophyseal and pancreatic endocrine cells contain proteins of the neuronal postsynaptic density. Cell Tissue Res.2007; 328:49-55.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5395
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin