- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This PRMT8 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 344-373 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human PRMT8.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 45 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRMT8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Protein arginine N-methyltransferase 8, 211-, Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein methyltransferase-like protein 4, PRMT8, HRMT1L3, HRMT1L4
- Protein Accession Number: Q9NR22
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 88983969
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 56341
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Protein arginine methylation plays a role in signal transduction, RNA processing, transcriptional regulation, and DNA repair. PRMT8, a protein arginine N-methyltransferase most closely related to PRMT1, methylates the guanidino nitrogens of arginyl residues in some proteins. This protein associates with the plasma membrane following myristoylation and exhibits a brain-specific expression pattern, making it unique within this family of enzymes.
- 1: Lee,J., J. Biol. Chem. 280 (38), 32890-32896 (2005)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-275
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.