- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This PRMT2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 344-375 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human PRMT2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 49 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRMT2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Protein arginine N-methyltransferase 2, 211-, Histone-arginine N-methyltransferase PRMT2, PRMT2, HMT1, HRMT1L1
- Protein Accession Number: P55345
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 2499805
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3275
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Arginine methylation is an irreversible post translational modification which has only recently been linked to protein activity. At least three types of PRMT enzymes have been identified in mammalian cells. These enzymes have been shown to have essential regulatory functions by methylation of key proteins in several fundamental areas. These protein include nuclear proteins, IL enhancer binding factor, nuclear factors, cell cycle proteins, signal transduction proteins, apoptosis proteins, and viral proteins. The mammalian PRMT family currently consists of 7 members that share two large domains of homology. Outside of these domains, epitopes were identified and antibodies against all 7 PRMT members have been developed.
- 1: Qi, C., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 277(32):28624-28630 (2002).
- 2: Scott, H.S., et al., Genomics 48(3):330-340 (1998).
- 3: Katsanis, N., et al., Mamm. Genome 8(7):526-529 (1997).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 55-018
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.