- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This PRKAR2B antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 119-147 amino acids from the Central region of human PRKAR2B.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 46 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRKAR2B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: cAMP-dependent protein kinase type II-beta regulatory subunit, PRKAR2B
- Protein Accession Number: P31323
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 206729918
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5577
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- cAMP is a signaling molecule important for a variety ofcellular functions. cAMP exerts its effects by activating thecAMP-dependent protein kinase, which transduces the signal throughphosphorylation of different target proteins. The inactive kinaseholoenzyme is a tetramer composed of two regulatory and twocatalytic subunits. cAMP causes the dissociation of the inactiveholoenzyme into a dimer of regulatory subunits bound to four cAMPand two free monomeric catalytic subunits. Four differentregulatory subunits and three catalytic subunits have beenidentified in humans. The protein encoded by this gene is one ofthe regulatory subunits. This subunit can be phosphorylated by theactivated catalytic subunit. This subunit has been shown tointeract with and suppress the transcriptional activity of the cAMPresponsive element binding protein 1 (CREB1) in activated T cells.Knockout studies in mice suggest that this subunit may play animportant role in regulating energy balance and adiposity. Thestudies also suggest that this subunit may mediate the geneinduction and cataleptic behavior induced by haloperidol. [providedby RefSeq].
- 1: Liu, Y.J., et al. Obesity (Silver Spring) (2010) In press :
- 2: Adkins, D.E., et al. Mol. Psychiatry (2010) In press :
- 3: Islam, A., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 283(37):25364-25371(2008)
- 4: Ji, Z., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 283(32):21920-21925(2008)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 58-130
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.