- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse, Pig, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This PRKAA2 (Thr172) antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 145-173 amino acids from the Central region of human PRKAA2 (Thr172).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 62 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRKAA2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase catalytic subunit alpha-2, AMPK subunit alpha-2, Acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase, ACACA kinase, Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase kinase, HMGCR kinase, PRKAA2, AMPK, AMPK2
- Protein Accession Number: P54646
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 20178276
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5563
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The protein encoded by this gene is a catalytic subunit ofthe AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK). AMPK is a heterotrimerconsisting of an alpha catalytic subunit, and non-catalytic betaand gamma subunits. AMPK is an important energy-sensing enzyme thatmonitors cellular energy status. In response to cellular metabolicstresses, AMPK is activated, and thus phosphorylates andinactivates acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) and beta-hydroxybeta-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase (HMGCR), key enzymes involved inregulating de novo biosynthesis of fatty acid and cholesterol.Studies of the mouse counterpart suggest that this catalyticsubunit may control whole-body insulin sensitivity and is necessaryfor maintaining myocardial energy homeostasis during ischemia.
- 1: Jablonski, K.A., et al. Diabetes 59(10):2672-2681(2010)
- 2: Bailey, S.D., et al. Diabetes Care 33(10):2250-2253(2010)
- 3: Jassim, G., et al. Pharmacopsychiatry (2010) In press :
- 4: Bungard, D., et al. Science 329(5996):1201-1205(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 55-462
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin