- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This PRKAA1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a recombinant protein from human PRKAA1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 64 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRKAA1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase catalytic subunit alpha-1, AMPK subunit alpha-1, Acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase, ACACA kinase, Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase kinase, HMGCR kinase, Tau-protein kinase PRKAA1, PRKAA1, AMPK1
- Protein Accession Number: Q13131
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 254763436
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5562
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PRKAA1 is a protein belongs to the ser/thr protein kinase family. It is the catalytic subunit of the 5'-prime-AMP-activated protein kinase. PRKAA1 is a cellular energy sensor conserved in all eukaryotic cells. The kinase activity of PRKAA1 is activated by the stimuli that increase the cellular AMP/ATP ratio. PRKAA1 regulates the activities of a number of key metabolic enzymes through phosphorylation. It protects cells from stresses that cause ATP depletion by switching off ATP-consuming biosynthetic pathways.
- 1: Puissant,A., et.al., Cancer Res. 70 (3), 1042-1052 (2010)
- 2: McGeachie,M., et.al., Circulation 120 (24), 2448-2454 (2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-773
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.