- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Precerebellin antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy- terminus human precerebellin.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Precerebellin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Precerebellin antibody can be used for the detection of precerebellin by Western blot at 2 - 4 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1212 - 3T3 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-201 - 3T3/BALB Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: Precerebellin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Precerebellin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Precerebellin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CBLN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Precerebellin Antibody: Cerebellin-1, Precerebellin, CER
- Protein Accession Number: P23435
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 116114
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 869
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Precerebellin Antibody: Precerebellin is the precursor of the brain-specific hexadecapeptide cerebellin, a protein with substantial similarity to the globular region of the B chain of complement component C1q. Cerebellin exerts neuromodulatory functions by directly stimulating norepinephrine release via the adenylate cyclase/pka- dependent signaling pathway; and indirectly enhances adrenocortical secretion in vivo, through a paracrine mechanism involving medullary catecholamine release. The active form of precerebellin is highly enriched in postsynaptic structures of cerebellar Purkinje cells in cartwheel neurons of the dorsal cochlear nucleus. Because precerebellin belongs to the C1q/tumor necrosis factor superfamily of secreted proteins and has similarity to adiponectin and CTRP3, it has been suggested that precerebellin posseses functions other than those already stated.
- 1: Urade Y, Oberdick J, Molinar-Rode R, et al. Precerebellin is a cerebellum-specific protein with similarity to the globular component C1q B chain. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA1991; 88:1069-73.
- 2: Mazzocchi G, Andreis PG, De Caro R, et al. Cerebellin enhances in vitro secretory activity of human adrenal gland. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1999; 84:632-5.
- 3: Albertin G, Malendowicz LK, Macchi C, et al. Cerebellin stimulates the secretory activity of the rat adrenal gland: in vitro and in vivo studies. Neuropeptides 2000; 34:7-11.
- 4: Shamji AF, Ngheim P, and Schreiber SL. Integration of growth factor and nutrient signaling: implications for cancer biology. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1985; 82:7145-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3587
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin