- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Monkey
- IMMUNOGEN: This PPT1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 269-300 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human PPT1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 34 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PPT1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Palmitoyl-protein thioesterase 1, PPT-1, Palmitoyl-protein hydrolase 1, PPT1, PPT
- Protein Accession Number: P50897
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1709747
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5538
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Palmitoyl-protein thioesterase-1 (PPT1) is a lysosomal hydrolase that removes long-chain fatty acyl groups from modified cysteine residues in proteins. Mutations in PPT1 have been found to cause the infantile form of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (INCL), and an animal model has been developed.1 The deduced PPT2 protein contains 302 amino acids, including a 27-amino acid leader peptide, a sequence motif characteristic of many thioesterases and lipases, and 5 potential N-linked glycosylation sites.2 PPT2 shares 18% amino acid identity with PPT1. Northern blot analysis detected a predominant 2.0-kb PPT2 transcript in the human tissues examined, with the highest expression in skeletal muscle; variable amounts of 2.8- and 7.0-kb transcripts were also observed. Recombinant PPT2, like PPT1, possesses thioesterase activity and localizes to the lysosome. Since PPT2 could not substitute for PPT1 in correcting the metabolic defect in INCL cells and was unable to remove palmitate groups from palmitoylated proteins that are routinely used as substrates for PPT1it has been postulated that PPT2 possesses a different substrate specificity than PPT1.
- 1: Calero, G., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 278(39):37957-37964 (2003).
- 2: Hofmann, S.L., et al., Curr. Mol. Med. 2(5):423-437 (2002).
- 3: Weimer, J.M., et al., Neuromolecular Med. 1(2):111-124 (2002).
- 4: Lu, J.Y., et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 93(19):10046-10050 (1996).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-421
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.