- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: PPAPDC2 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus human PPAPDC2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 170 - 220 of PPAPDC2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PPAPDC2 antibody can be used for detection of PPAPDC2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1207 - Raji Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-007 - Raji Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: PPAPDC2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PPAPDC2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PPAPDC2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PPAPDC2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PPAPDC2 Antibody: PDP1, PSDP, bA6J24.6, Presqualene diphosphate phosphatase, Phosphatidic acid phosphatase type 2 domain-containing protein 2, PPAP2 domain-containing protein 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_982278
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 66773040
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 403313
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PPAPDC2 Antibody: PPAPDC2 is a phosphatase that dephosphorylates Presqualene diphosphate (PSDP) into presqualene monophosphate (PSMP), suggesting that it may have important role in innate immunity. PSDP is a bioactive lipid that rapidly remodels to PSMP upon cell activation. PPAPDC2 displays diphosphate phosphatase activity with a substrate preference for PSDP > FDP > phosphatidic acid. PPAPDC2 activity is independent of Mg2+ and has been identified in activated human neutrophil (PMN) extracts. It is widely expressed in human tissues. Recent studies shows PPAPDC2 is a functional isoprenoid diphosphate phosphatase.
- 1: Fukunaga K, Arita M, Takahashi M, et al. Identification and functional characterization of a presqualene diphosphate phosphatase. J. Biol. Chem.2006; 281:9490-7.
- 2: Miriyala S, Subramanian T, Panchatcharam M, et al. Functional characterization of the atypical integral membrane lipid phosphatase PDP1/PPAPDC2 identifies a pathway for interconversion of isoprenols and isoprenoid phosphates in mammalian cells. J. Biol. Chem.2010 (epub).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5517
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin