- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: PPAPDC1A antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human PPAPDC1A.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of PPAPDC1A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PPAPDC1A antibody can be used for detection of PPAPDC1A by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: PPAPDC1A Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PPAPDC1A Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PPAPDC1A antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PPAPDC1A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PPAPDC1A Antibody: DPPL2, PPAPDC1, DPPL2, Phosphatidate phosphatase PPAPDC1A, Phosphatidic acid phosphatase type 2 domain-containing protein 1A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001025230
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 73611920
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 196051
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PPAPDC1A Antibody: Phosphatidate phosphatase (PAP) plays important role in lipid-signaling metabolism in eukaryotic cells. Two distinct types of PAP (PAP1 and PAP2) activity have been distinguished by their subcellular localization and differential sensitivity to N-ethylmaleimide(NEM) and Mg2+. A yeast diacylglycerol pyrophosphate (DGPP) phosphatase (DPP1) and mammalian DGPP phosphatase (PAP2) have been identified as Mg2+-independent and NEM-insensitive membrane-associated. PPAPDC1A (also known as DPPL2) and PPAPDC1B (DPPL1) form a novel type of Mg2+-independent and NEM-sensitive mammalian phosphatidate phosphatase showing broad substrate specificity. PPAPDC1A is preferentially expressed in endothelial cells. Studies of PPAPDC1A and PAP activity suggest that they may play a role in angiogenesis.
- 1: Takeuchi M, Harigai M, Momohara S, et al. Cloning and characterization of DPPL1 and DPPL2, representatives of a novel type of mammalian phosphatidate phosphatase. Gene2007; 399:174-80.
- 2: Bernard-Pierrot I, Gruel N, Stransky N, et al. Characterization of the recurrent 8p11-12 amplicon identifies PPAPDC1B, a phosphatase protein, as a new therapeutic target in breast cancer. Cancer Res.2008; 68:7165-75.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5513
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin