- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal POU3F2 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human POU3F2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of POU3F2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: POU3F2 antibody can be used for detection of POU3F2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms are known to exist. This antibody will recognize both isoforms. POU3F2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the POU domain class 3 family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3 (NIH) Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 49 kDa
- PURIFICATION: POU3F2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: POU3F2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: POU3F2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: POU3F2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: POU3F2 Antibody: BRN2, OCT7, OTF7, OTF-7, POUF3, brn-2, oct-7, N-Oct3, BRN2, POU domain, class 3, transcription factor 2, Nervous system-specific octamer-binding transcription factor N-Oct-3, Brain-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_005595
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 51702521
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5454
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- POU3F2 Antibody: POU3F2, also commonly known as brain-2, is a member of a family of POU domain genes expressed in mouse brain and is thought to be involved in the development of the neocortex and establishment of neural cell lineage. Recent studies suggest that POU3F2 may be involved with the development of neurodegenerative diseases as well as tumor development and proliferation. Along with the neural-lineage-specific transcription factors ASCL1 and MYT1L, POU3F2 can convert fibroblasts to functional neurons in vitro, a form of artificial stem cells termed induced neuronal (iN) cells, suggesting that these cells may be useful in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
- 1: Hara Y, Rovescalli AC, Kim Y, et al. Structure and evolution of four POU domain genes expressed in mouse brain. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1992; 89:3280-4.
- 2: McEvilly RJ, de Diaz MO, Schonemann MD, et al. Transcriptional regulation of cortical neuron migration by POU domain factors. Science 2002; 295:1528-32.
- 3: Huang YT, Iwamoto K, Kurosaki T, et al. The neuronal POU transcription factor Brn-2 interacts with Jab1, a gene involved in the onset of neurodegenerative diseases. Neurosci. Lett. 2005; 382:175-8
- 4: Goodall J, Carreira S, Denat L, et al. Brn-2 represses microphthalmia-associated transcription factor expression and marks a distinct subpopulation of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor-negative melanoma cells. Cancer Res. 2008; 68:7788-94
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7085
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin