- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Frog, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Potassium Channel, Kv2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Potassium Channel antibody can be used for specific immunolabeling of the ~125k Kv 2.2 protein in Western blots. Applications include Dot Blots (DB), Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Western Blots (WB). Rabbit anti-Potassium Channel, Kv2.2 recognizes Kv2.2 in rat and Xenopus. When internally tested under ideal conditions the working dilutions were 1:1000 for IHC, DB and WB.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 100
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Potassium Channel, Kv2.2 Subunit antibody can be stored at -20°C. After reconstitution in 50 μl PBS, the antibody should be aliquot and stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year. Ambient shipment is suitable for both international and domestic.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Kcnb2
- Protein Accession Number: Q63099
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 24418850
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 117105
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Voltage-gated K+ channels are important determinants of neuronal membrane excitability, and differences in K+ channel expression patterns and densities contribute to the variations in action potential waveforms and repetitive firing patterns evident in different neuronal cell types. The delayed rectifier-type (IK)channels (Kv1.5, Kv2.1, and Kv2.2) are expressed on all neuronal somata and proximal dendrites and are also found in a wide variety on non-neuronal cells types including pancreatic islets, alveolar cells and cardiac myocytes. Kv2.1 and Kv2.2 form distinct populations of K+ channels and these subunits are thought to be primarily responsible for IK in superior cervical ganglion cells.
- 1: Burger, C. and Ribera, A.B. "Xenopus spinal neurons express Kv2 potassium channel transcripts during embryonic development," J Neurosci. 16 (1996) 1412 - 1421.
- 2: Pongs, O. "Voltage-gated potassium channels: from hyperexcitability to excitement," FEBS Lett. 452 (1999) 31-35.
- 3: Maletic-Savatic, M., Lenn, N.J., and Trimmer, J.S. "Differential spatiotemporal expression of K+ channel polypeptides in rat hippocampal neurons developing in situ and in vitro," J Neurosci. 15 (1995) 3840-3851.
- 4: Hwang, P.M., Fotuhi, M., Bredt, D.S., Cunningham, A.M., and Snyder, S.H. "Contrasting immunohistochemical localizations in rat brain of two novel K+ channels of the Shab subfamily," J. Neurosci., 13 (1993) 1569 - 1576.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XPS-2027
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin