- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (94%)
- IMMUNOGEN: POFUT1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human POFUT1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 90 - 140 of POFUT1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: POFUT1 antibody can be used for the detection of POFUT1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of POFUT1 are known to exist. This antibody is predicted to not cross-react with POFUT2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1301 - Human Heart Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-501 - Human Heart Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: POFUT1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: POFUT1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: POFUT1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: POFUT1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: POFUT1 Antibody: DDD2, FUT12, O-FUT, OFUCT1, O-Fuc-T, O-FucT-1, KIAA0180, GDP-fucose protein O-fucosyltransferase 1, Peptide-O-fucosyltransferase 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_056167
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 27436889
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23509
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- POFUT1 Antibody: POFUT1, an endoplasmic reticulum-residing member of the glycosyltransferase O-Fuc family, adds O-fucose through an O-glycosidic linkage to conserved serine or threonines in epidermal growth factor-like repeats of several cell surface and secreted proteins. Unlike its homolog POFUT2, POFUT1 can also catalyze the transfer of fucose to thrombospondin type 1 repeats. Many of the substrates of POFUT1 are involved in ligand-induced receptor signaling. One such protein is Notch; mouse ES cells lacking POFUT have normal levels of Notch receptors at the cell surface, but these receptors do not bind Notch ligands or exhibit Notch signaling.
- 1: Wang Y, Shao L, Shi S, et al. Modification of epidermal growth factor-like repeats with O-fucose. Molecular cloning and expression of a novel GDP-fucose protein O-fucosyltransferase. J. Biol. Chem.2001; 276:40338-45.
- 2: Loriol C, Dupuy F, Rampal R, et al. Molecular evolution of protein O-fucosyltransferase genes and splice variants. Glycobiology2006; 16:736-47.
- 3: Stahl M, Uemura K, Ge C, et al. Roles of POFUT1 and O-fucose in mammalian Notch signaling. J. Biol. Chem.2008; 283:13638-51.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4765
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin