- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Plxdc2 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human Plxdc2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of Plxdc2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Plxdc2 antibody can be used for detection of Plxdc2 by Western blot at 1 and 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1413 – Mouse Cerebrum Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 55 kDa
Observed: 55 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Plxdc2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Plxdc2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Plxdc2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PLXDC2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Plxdc2 Antibody: TEM7R, TEM7R, UNQ2514/PRO6003, Plexin domain-containing protein 2, Tumor endothelial marker 7-related protein
- Protein Accession Number: Q6UX71
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74749416
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84898
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Plxdc2 Antibody: Plxdc2, also known as Tumor endothelial marker 7-related (TEM7R) encodes a protein with 57% amino acid identity to TEM7, the most abundant tumor endothelial marker. Plxdc2 is strongly expressed in the endothelial cells of the tumor stroma, but not in the endothelial cells of normal colonic tissue. Plxdc2 is also expressed at high levels in vessels of some normal tissues, with highest expression in muscle and lung. Plxdc2 and TEM7 may be important for tumor angiogenesis in humans. Cortactin was identified as a protein capable of binding to the extracellular region of both TEM7 and Plxdc2, and may provide new opportunities for the delivery of therapeutic and imaging agents to the vessels of solid tumors.
- 1: Carson-Weber EB, Watkins DN, Nanda A, et al. Cell surface tumor epithelial markers are conserved in mice and humans. Cancer Res.2001; 61:6649-55.
- 2: Nabda A and St. Croix Bl. Tumor endothelial markers: new targets for cancer therapy. Curr Opin Oncol.2004; 16:44-9.
- 3: St. Croix B, Rago C, Velculescu V, et al. Genes expressed in human tumor endothelium. Science2000; 289:1197-202.
- 4: Nanda A, Buckhaults P, Seaman S, et al. Identification of a binding partner for the endothelial cell surface proteins TEM7 and TEM7R. Cancer Res.2004; 64:8507-11.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4417
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.