- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: PLAGL2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human PLAGL2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of PLAGL2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PLAGL2 antibody can be used for detection of PLAGL2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 55 kDa
- PURIFICATION: PLAGL2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PLAGL2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PLAGL2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PLAGL2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PLAGL2 Antibody: ZNF900, KIAA0198, Zinc finger protein PLAGL2, Pleiomorphic adenoma-like protein 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002648
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4505859
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5326
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PLAGL2 Antibody: The PLAG (Pleiomorphic adenoma gene) family of zinc finger proteins include PLAG1, ZAC1 and PLAG-like 2 (PLAGL2). PLAG1 is the target gene for the pleiomorphic adenomas of the salivary gland. ZAC1 (PLAGL1) concomitantly controls apoptosis and cell cycle arrest through separate pathways. ZAC1 also acts as a transcriptional cofactor for nuclear receptors. PLAGL2 belongs to the krueppel C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family and contains 6 C2H2-type zinc fingers. It functions as a positive regulator of transcription and localizes to the nucleus. PLAGL2 is ubiquitously expressed with particular abundance in spleen, lung and testis, where it may be involved in cell cycle arrest and apoptosis of tumor cells.
- 1: Kas K, Voz ML, Hensen K, et al. Transcriptional activation capacity of the novel PLAG family of zinc finger proteins. J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273:23026-32.
- 2: Voz ML, Agten NS, Van de Ven WJ, et al. PLAG1, the main translocation target in pleomorphic adenoma of the salivary glands, is a positive regulator of IGF-II. Cancer Res. 2000; 60:106-13.
- 3: Shu G, Tang Y, Zhou Y, et al. Zac1 is a histone acetylation-regulated NF-kappaB suppressor that mediates histone deacetylase inhibitor-induced apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2011; 18:1825-35.
- 4: Mizutani A, Furukawa T, Adachi Y, et al. A zinc-finger protein, PLAGL2, induces the expression of a proapoptotic protein Nip3, leading to cellular apoptosis. J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 277:15851-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7053
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin