- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: PLAC3 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human PLAC3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 450 - 500 of PLAC3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PLAC3 antibody can be used for detection of PLAC3 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: PLAC3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PLAC3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PLAC3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PAPPA2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PLAC3 Antibody: PAPPE, PLAC3, PAPP-E, PAPP-A2, Pappalysin-2, Pregnancy-associated plasma protein A2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_064714
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 116174738
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 60676
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PLAC3 Antibody: PLAC3 (placenta-specific protein 3), also known as PAPP-A2, is a metalloproteinase that cleaves the insulin-like growth factor-binding protein (IGFBP)-5 in a IGF-independent fashion. It has been suggested that the cleavage of IGFBP-5 and to a lesser extent IGFBP-3 produced in the maternal decidua promotes feto-placental growth. Recent studies have shown elevated levels of PLAC3 in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy including preeclampsia and HELLP (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets) syndrome.
- 1: Overgaard MT, Boldt HB, Laursen LS, et al. Pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A2 (PAPP-A2), a novel insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-5 proteinase. J. Biol. Chem.2001; 276:1849-53.
- 2: Wang J, Qiu Q, Haider M, et al. Expression of pregnancy-associated plasma protein A2 during pregnancy in human and mouse. J. Endocrin.2009; 202:337-45.
- 3: Nishizawa H, Pryor-Koishi K, Suzuki M, et al. Increased levels of pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A2 in the serum of pre-eclamptic patients. Mol. Hum. Reprod.2008; 14:595-602.
- 4: Buimer M, Keijser R, Jebbink JM, et al. Seven placental transcripts characterize HELLP syndrome. Placenta2008; 29:444-53.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6019
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin