- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This PKC beta1/2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 303-334 amino acids from the Central region of human PKC beta1/2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:25
For WB starting dilution is: 1:2000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 77 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRKCB
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Protein kinase C beta type, PKC-B, PKC-beta, PRKCB, PKCB, PRKCB1
- Protein Accession Number: P05771
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 20141488
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5579
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Protein kinase C (PKC) is a family of serine- and threonine-specific protein kinases that can be activated by calcium and second messenger diacylglycerol. PKC family members phosphorylate a wide variety of protein targets and are known to be involved in diverse cellular signaling pathways. PKC family members also serve as major receptors for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters. Each member of the PKC family has a specific expression profile and is believed to play a distinct role in cells. PKC beta is one of the PKC family members. This protein kinase has been reported to be involved in many different cellular functions, such as B cell activation, apoptosis induction, endothelial cell proliferation, and intestinal sugar absorption. Studies in mice also suggest that this kinase may also regulate neuronal functions and correlate fear-induced conflict behavior after stress. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been reported. Isoform 1 uses an alternate exon at the 3' end compared to isoform 2, which includes a part of the coding region. The resulting isoform 1 has a distinct and shorter C-terminus, as compared to isoform 2.
- 1: Chen, D., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 279(6):4829-4839 (2004).
- 2: Hug, B.A., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 279(2):825-830 (2004).
- 3: Wu, H., et al., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 311(4):948-953 (2003).
- 4: Becker, K.P., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 278(52):52747-52754 (2003).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-591
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.