- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: PJA1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human PJA1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of PJA1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PJA1 antibody can be used for detection of PJA1 by Western blot at 0.25 – 0.5 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: PJA1 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of PJA1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 71 kDa
Observed: 71 kDa
- PURIFICATION: PJA1 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PJA1 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PJA1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PJA1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Praja ring finger 1, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase Praja-1, PRAJA1, RING finger protein 70, RNF70
- Protein Accession Number: NP_660095
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 41281725
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 64219
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Ubiquitinization is an important cellular degradation process requiring sequential reactions that are mediated by three enzymes: E1, E2 and E3. PJA1, also known as Praja1 and RING finger protein 70, is a 643 amino acid E2-dependent E3-ubiquitin ligase that is abundantly expressed in the brain (1,2). Through interaction and activation with the E2-ubiquitin ligase UBC4, PJA1 mediates substrate-specific ubiquitination via its RING finger domain and facilitates ubiquitination (3). Overexpression of PJA1 in gastrointestinal cancers suggests that it may be responsible for the degradation of some anti-oncogenic proteins (4,5).
- 1: Yu P, Chen Y, Tagle DA, et al. PJA1, encoding a RING-H2 finger ubiquitin ligase, is a novel human X chromosome gene abundantly expressed in brain. Genomics 2002; 79:869-74.
- 2: Zoabi M, Sadeh R, de Bie P, et al. PRAJA1 is a ubiquitin ligase for the polycomb repressive complex 2 proteins. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2011; 408:393-8.
- 3: Doyle JM, Gao J, Wang J, et al. MAGE-RING protein complexes comprise a family of E3 ubiquitin ligases. Mol. Cell 2010; 39:963-74.
- 4: Saha T, Vardhini D, Tang Y, et al. RING finger-dependent ubiquitination by PRAJA is dependent on TGF-beta and potentially defines the functional status of the tumor suppressor ELF. Oncogene 2006; 25:693-705.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8069
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin