- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: PIK3C3 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human PIK3C3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 130 - 180 of PIK3C3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PIK3C3 antibody can be used for detection of PIK3C3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: PIK3C3 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1408 - Mouse Small Intestine Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 91, 98 kDa
Observed: 98 kDa
- PURIFICATION: PIK3C3 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PIK3C3 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PIK3C3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PIK3C3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PIK3C3 Antibody: VPS34, hVps34, VPS34, Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase catalytic subunit type 3, Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase p100 subunit, PI3-kinase type 3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002638
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 34761064
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5289
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PI 3-kinase p100 (phosphoinositide-3-kinase p100 subunit), also known as hVps34 or PIK3C3 (phosphoinositide-3-kinase class III), is a member of the PI3/PI4-kinase family (1). It is a catalytic subunit of the PI3K complex that mediates formation of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate and ubiquitously expressed with a highest expression in skeletal muscle (1,2). PIK3C3 is involved in the endosome to lysosome transport and plays important roles in intracellular membrane trafficking and autophagy (3-5).
- 1: Stopkova P, Saito T, Papolos DF, et al. Identification of PIK3C3 promoter variant associated with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Biol. Psychiatry 2004; 55:981-8.
- 2: Hal BS, Gabernet-Castello C, Voak A, et al. TbVps34, the trypanosome orthologue of Vps34, is required for Golgi complex segregation. J. Biol. Chem. 2006; 281:27600-12.
- 3: Backer JM. The regulation and function of class III PI3Ks: novel roles for Vps34. Biochem. J. 2008; 410:1-17.
- 4: Jaber N, Dou Z, Lin RZ, et al. Mammalian PIK3C3/VPS34: the key to autophagic processing in liver and heart. Autophagy 2012; 8:707-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7891
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin