- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: PIERCE1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human PIERCE1.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of PIERCE1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PIERCE1 antibody can be used for detection of PIERCE1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: PIERCE1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other UPF0691 family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-208 - A-20 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: PIERCE1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PIERCE1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PIERCE1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: C9orf116
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PIERCE1 Antibody: PIERCE1, RbEST47, UPF0691 protein C9orf116, p53-induced expression in RB-null cells protein 1, Pierce1
- Protein Accession Number: Q5BN46
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 115430217
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 138162
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PIERCE1 Antibody: PIERCE1, also known as C9orf116, is an important p53 target gene contributing to normal DNA damage response and may play crucial roles in maintaining genomic integrity against genotoxic stresses, including UVC irradiation. PIERCE1 exists as two alternatively spliced isoforms and is predominantly expressed in human small cell lung cancer. PIERCE1 knockdown induces down-regulation of proapoptotic genes including Ei24, Apaf1 and PTEN, suggesting that PIERCE1 is a proapoptotic gene. It is helpful for in-depth understanding of p53 pathways and the design of new cancer therapies.
- 1: Sung YH, Kim HJ, Devkota S, et al. Pierce1, a novel p53 target gene contributing to the ultraviolet-induced DNA damage response. Cancer Res. 2010; 70:10454-63.
- 2: Zhou BB and Elledge SJ. The DNA damage response: putting checkpoints in perspective. Nature 2000; 408:433-9.
- 3: Sung YH, Kim HJ, Lee HW, et al. Identification of a novel Rb-regulated gene associated with the cell cycle. Mol. Cells 2007; 24:409-15.
- 4: Kakiuchi S, Daigo Y, Tsunoda T, et al. 2003. Genome-wide analysis of organ-preferential metastasis of human small cell lung cancer in mice. Mol. Cancer Res. 1:485-99.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6721
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin