- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: PID antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human PID.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of PID.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: PID antibody can be used for detection of PID by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL and Immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: PID antibody is predicted to not cross-react with MTA2
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 73 kDa
Observed: 75 kDa
- PURIFICATION: PID Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PID Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PID antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MTA2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PID Antibody: PID, MTA1L1, PID, Metastasis-associated protein MTA2, Metastasis-associated 1-like 1, MTA1-L1 protein
- Protein Accession Number: AAG02241
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 9931638
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9219
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PID Antibody: The p53 tumor-suppressor gene integrates numerous signals that control cell life and death. Several novel molecules involved in p53 pathway, including Chk2, p53R2, p53AIP1, Noxa, PIDD, and PID/MTA2, were recently discovered. The transcriptional activity of p53 is modulated by protein stability and acetylation. PID/MTA2, also termed MTA1-L1, was found to be a subunit of nucleosome remodeling and deacetylating (NRD/NuRD) complex. PID/MTA2 modulates the enzymatic activity of the histone deacetylase complex and its expression reduces the levels of acetylated p53. Deacetylation of p53 by PID/MTA2 represses p53-dependent transcriptional activation and modulates p53-mediated cell growth arrest and apoptosis. PID/MTA2 is ubiquitously expressed in human tissues.
- 1: Matsuoka S, Huang M, and Elledge SJ. Linkage of ATM to cell cycle regulation by the Chk2 protein kinase. Science 1998; 282:1893-7.
- 2: Tanaka H, Arakawa H, Yamaguchi T, et al. A ribonucleotide reductase gene involved in a p53-dependent cell-cycle checkpoint for DNA damage. Nature 2000; 404:42-9.
- 3: Oda E, Ohki R, Murasawa H, et al. Noxa, a BH3-only member of the Bcl-2 family and candidate mediator of p53-induced apoptosis. Science 2000; 288:1053-8.
- 4: Oda K, Arakawa H, Tanaka T, et al. p53AIP1, a potential mediator of p53-dependent apoptosis, and its regulation by Ser-46-phosphorylated p53. Cell 2000;102:849-62.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2443
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.