- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-PHAP I antibody (3145) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human PHAP I.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of PHAP I.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 2-4 μg/mL; ICC: 2 μg/mL; IF: 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This polyclonal antibody has no cross-reaction to PHAP I2a and PHAP III.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1207 - Raji Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-007 - Raji Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 29kD
Observed: 29 kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar PHAP I expression profile in human, mouse and rat cell lines detected by two independent anti-PHAP I antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 3145 against C-terminus domain and 3151 against C-terminus different domain. PHAP I proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
KD validation (Figure 6): Anti-PHAP I antibody (3151) specificity was further verified by PHAP I specific knockdown. PHAP I signal in T47D cells transfected with PHAP I siRNAs was disrupted in comparison with that in cells transfected with control siRNAs.
Regulated expression validation (Figure 7, 8, 9): PHAP I expression detected by anit-PHAP I antibodies (3151) was up-regulated in breast cancer tissues of patients (Figure 7) and the breast cancer cell line (Figure 8) as well as in the Atxn1 KO mice (Figure 9).
- ISOFORMS: Human PHAP I has one isoform (249aa, 28.6kD). Mouse PHAP I has one isoform (247aa, 28.5kD) and rat PHAP I also has one isoform (247aa, 28.6kD). 3151 can detect all isoforms of human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: PHAP I Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PHAP I Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: PHAP I antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ANP32A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PHAP I Antibody: LANP, MAPM, PP32, HPPCn, PHAP1, PHAPI, I1PP2A, C15orf1, LANP, Acidic leucine-rich nuclear phosphoprotein 32 family member A, Acidic nuclear phosphoprotein pp32
- Protein Accession Number: P39687
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 730318
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8125
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- PHAP I Antibody: Apoptosis is related to many diseases and development. Caspase-9 plays a central role in cell death induced by a variety of apoptosis activators. Cytochrome c, after released from mitochondria, binds to Apaf-1, which forms an apoptosome that in turn binds to and activate procaspase-9. Activated caspase-9 cleaves and activates the effector caspases (caspase-3, -6 and -7), which are responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins in apoptosis. The tumor suppressor putative HLA-DR-associated proteins (PHAPs) were recently identified as important regulators of mitochondrion apoptosis. PHAP appears to facilitate apoptosome-medicated caspase-9 activation and to stimulate the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. PHAP was also shown to oppose both Ras- and Myc-medicated cell transformation.
- 1: Jiang et al. Science. 2003;299(5604):223-6.
- 2: Nicholson and Thornberry. Science. 2003 10;299(5604):214-5.
- 1: Schafer et al. Enhanced sensitivity to cytochrome c-induced apoptosis mediated by PHAPI in breast cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2006;66(4):2210-8. PMID: 16489023
- 2: Sánchez et al. A novel function of Ataxin-1 in the modulation of PP2A activity is dysregulated in the spinocerebellar ataxia type 1. Hum Mol Genet. 2013 22(17):3425-37. PMID: 23630944
- 3: Kurokawa et al. A network of substrates of the E3 ubiquitin ligases MDM2 and HUWE1 control apoptosis independently of p53. Sci Signal. 2013;6(274):ra32. PMID: 23652204
- 4: Parrish. Regulation of Apoptosis Following Mitochondrial Cytochrome c Release. Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Cancer Biology, Duke University. PhD Thesis, 2010.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3145
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin